|Type of study programme||2nd level professional studies|
|Degree||Higher Professional Degree (2nd level)
Engineer in Electronics in Electrical Engineering
|Duration||5 years/Full time, 6 years/Part time|
|Credit points||200 (ECTS: 300)|
|Study language||English or Russian (EN/RU)|
|Study arrangements||During studies international students join groups of local students that follow the program in Russian and study according to an individual plan in English.|
|Fees||3200 EUR (En)/ 1700 EUR (Ru) per year|
|Study programme description||The programme provides an basic engineering education in area of Electronics. Includes as main subjects the following directions of study:
• physical fundamentals of electronics and main laws of electromagnetism;
• engineering programming and professional utilization of computers for solution of special professional problems;
• analogue and digital schemes design fundamentals, main methods of electronic schemes development and modeling as well as electronic equipment measuring and testing principles;
• principles of modern data processing, electronic systems constructing and functioning;
• operation and maintenance of transport radio communication and navigation systems;
• fundamentals of humanities, social and economic sciences
Special practical industrial training is included in the syllabus for understanding of contexts in which engineering knowledge can be applied.
|Study programme link||www.tsi.lv/?id=2186&lang=en&ct=7&r=2184&top=0|
|Requirements||A document of general or special secondary education.|
Transport and Telecommunication Institute is the largest university-type accredited non-state technical higher educational establishment in Latvia. Main academic activities: higher education, training courses, vocational training.
Main research activities: optimization and modelling of transport systems, logistics, navigation satellite systems, air traffic control systems, telecommunication, transport telematics, applications of information technologies, business re-engineering.
The Transport and Telecommunication Institute carries out research and scientific projects. The Institute participates in the projects of the European Research Framework Programmes, in the programmes within the frame of COST, TEMPUS, COPERNICUS and others.
Population in the city of Riga: 710 000
Total number of students: 2927
Number of International students: 46 (2011./12.)
Number of academic staff: 92
Accomodation possibilities and costs: Students’ hostel (double room) 110 EUR / 77 LVL / 161 USD (+ VAT) per month.
More info here.