The fourth call for PostDocLatvia research proposals
The State Education Development Agency (VIAA) has announced the fourth competition for selecting research applications under the Post-doctoral Research Aid programme. Researchers who have acquired PhD (doctoral) degree less than 5 years before the deadline for application submission and foreign researchers, including from non-EU countries, are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submission is 20 July, 2020.
The research applications may submit:
- Scientific institutions registered in the Register of Scientific Institutions of the Republic of Latvia,
- Micro, small, medium-sized or large enterprises registered with the Enterprise Register of the Republic of Latvia.
The purpose of the programme is to develop the skills of new scientists and to increase the scientific capacity, ensuring the possibilities for new scientists to start a career in scientific institutions and with enterprises, as well as improvement of research competencies, renewal of human resources and increase in the number of qualified specialists.
The total eligible funding planned for implementation of research applications is 51 029231 euro. Available funding for the 4rd call is 11,4 million, including EUR 5,7 million euro for economic research and EUR 5,7 million euro for non-economic research (1.1 million euro is planned for fundamental research).
One grant is up to 111 505 euros and 30 months to perform research in Latvia, including:
- full time employment contract with salary 2731 euros per month including all taxes;
- other research expenses, such as costs of materials, protection of technology rights, external services, data processing, training and networking measures, set at 800 euros per month;
- administrative costs set at 185,83 euros per month
Conditions for researchers from abroad
Postdoctoral researchers from abroad can perform the following activities:
- applied and fundamental research,
- improvement of competences (training),
- knowledge and technology transfer,
- acquisition of intellectual property and technology rights,
- international mobility and networking.